1 hr 12 mins
I love Biscotti; they are great as gifts, great with my tea and satisfy sweets cravings without being wayyy over the top with calories and fat. This one is a good one; I personally use almonds as I've never cared for Hazelnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or 3/4 cup almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Combine sugar and butter in large bowl; beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed; add 2 cups melted chocolate chips, eggs and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- 3Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until well mixed; stir in nuts by hand.
- 4Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 14-inch long roll.
- 5Place rolls 5 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten each roll to 2-inch width; bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- 6Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 300°F; cut rolls diagonally into 1/2-inch slices with serrated knife.
- 8Place onto cookie sheet, cut-side down; bake for 10 minutes; turn slices; continue baking for 12 to 15 minutes or until dry and crisp; cool completely.
- 9Melt 2 cups chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan (or microwave) over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 4 minutes).
- 10Dip cookies halfway into chocolate; place onto cooling rack over waxed paper until set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 49.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g