Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chocolaty, chewy, nutty indulgence that's good for your heart! Dark chocolate, walnuts and oats are all a good boost for your heart health. Another great recipe from Reader's Digest. Number of servings depends on how many bars you cut.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in another bowl; add to sugar ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Press into 13x9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Score surface with shallow cuts to make bars.
- Cool on wire rack then finish cutting into bars.