Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
The sweet spiciness of the crystallized ginger compliments the richness of the dark chocolate.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml crystallized ginger, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk, and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Beat in vanilla and oil until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, beat in dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in walnuts, chocolate and ginger by hand with a rubber spatula.
- With moistened hands, shape the dough into 2 logs, each about 9 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide. Bake until set on top, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Transfer logs to a cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut each log on the diagonal into 16 slices, each 1/2-inch thick. Return slices to the baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes, turning the biscotti over halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.