1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 25 mins
The sweet spiciness of the crystallized ginger compliments the richness of the dark chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk, and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Beat in vanilla and oil until well combined.
- 3With the mixer on low, beat in dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in walnuts, chocolate and ginger by hand with a rubber spatula.
- 4With moistened hands, shape the dough into 2 logs, each about 9 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide. Bake until set on top, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- 5Transfer logs to a cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut each log on the diagonal into 16 slices, each 1/2-inch thick. Return slices to the baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes, turning the biscotti over halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Ginger Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 38.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: