Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gluten free coconut flour brownies that are easy to make,rich,and fudgy.What more can you ask for?Make sure to use Dutch processed cocoa,such as Hershey's special extra dark cocoa,for the deepest chocolate flavor.You can use an equal amount of espresso,2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water,or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract in place of the Kahlua liquer.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua hazelnut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate chunk (90% cacao if you love dark chocolate !)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and cocoa in a pan over low heat,stirring as needed so it doesn't burn or stick.Stir in Kahlua and cool.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Lightly beat eggs and add to dry ingredientsAdd cocoa butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake in a greased 8X8 pan for 25-30 minutes,or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean-don't overbake !.Let cool slightly for about 5 minutes and serve warm.
These are excellent! They are like a moist, almost cakelike texture. I used coffee and vanilla as substitutes for the Kahlua. Also, I used 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips instead of the regular ones. My family loved these brownies, and I will make them again.
These are awesome! This was my first time ever working with coconut flour, so glad they worked out!