1/3 Photos of Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake
I know there are hundreds of chocolate cake recipes on here, but you can never have too many to choose from! This is a dark, rich, moist cake with a touch of orange. Mmm... Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 200 g self raising flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 175 g butter
- 175 g soft brown sugar
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 44.37 ml boiling water
- 3 eggs
- apricot jam
For the fudge coating
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Sieve the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together until soft and light, stir in the orange rind.
- 4Break chocolate into a bowl (I recommend that you use 70% cocoa solid minimum), add boiling water and stir until the chocolate is melted and well blended.
- 5Lightly whisk the eggs and gradually beat into the butter and sugar mixture.
- 6Beat in the melted chocolate, and then fold in the flour/cocoa mixture with a metal spoon.
- 7Spoon the mixture into two greased and lined tins and bake at 180/350/Gas 4 for 25-30 minutes, until cake shrinks away from the sides of the tin.
- 8Allow to cool slightly in tins, and then turn out on wire rack. When cold, slice each cake horizontally to make 4 layers. Using a thin layer of jam, sandwich all layers of the cake together.
- 9Fudge coating:.
- 10Sift icing sugar and cocoa and set aside.
- 11Put the butter, water and caster sugar into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- 12Pour the hot mixture into the sieved icing sugar/cocoa mixture; mix together until its thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 13Pour coating quickly over the cake; smooth over the sides. Leave to set before serving.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 153.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of