Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Came across, sounded interesting.
Make and share this Dark Chocolate Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- Roughly chop the chocolate and put into a food processor.
- Pulse briefly to chop fine.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan just to the boiling point.
- With the motor running, pour the hot cream into the chocolate and process until they are completely melted/blended.
- Transfer the frosting to a bowl.
- If you plan to use it immediately, chill the frosting by placing it over a bowl of ice or let it cool at room temperature.
- It must be cool, not cold, to be spreadable.
- Once cooled, the frosting can be whipped to create a lighter frosting variation or used as is.
- Refrigerate the cake after applying the frosting.
- Makes enough to frost a 2 layer cake, about 2-1/2 cups.