Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Came across, sounded interesting.
Make and share this Dark Chocolate Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- Roughly chop the chocolate and put into a food processor.
- Pulse briefly to chop fine.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan just to the boiling point.
- With the motor running, pour the hot cream into the chocolate and process until they are completely melted/blended.
- Transfer the frosting to a bowl.
- If you plan to use it immediately, chill the frosting by placing it over a bowl of ice or let it cool at room temperature.
- It must be cool, not cold, to be spreadable.
- Once cooled, the frosting can be whipped to create a lighter frosting variation or used as is.
- Refrigerate the cake after applying the frosting.
- Makes enough to frost a 2 layer cake, about 2-1/2 cups.
Great frosting, smooth and really easy to whip up. I used a half portion of this recipe with Black Chocolate Coffee Cake (Black Coffee Chocolate Cake), and it covered the top and sides perfectly. Great combo!
I've used this recipe several times and my family LOVES it. Thanks for sharing!
This was so easy - thickens fast upon refridgeration - I even used lite cream - great success so thanks a lot.