Came across, sounded interesting.
My Private Note
- 1Roughly chop the chocolate and put into a food processor.
- 2Pulse briefly to chop fine.
- 3Heat the cream in a saucepan just to the boiling point.
- 4With the motor running, pour the hot cream into the chocolate and process until they are completely melted/blended.
- 5Transfer the frosting to a bowl.
- 6If you plan to use it immediately, chill the frosting by placing it over a bowl of ice or let it cool at room temperature.
- 7It must be cool, not cold, to be spreadable.
- 8Once cooled, the frosting can be whipped to create a lighter frosting variation or used as is.
- 9Refrigerate the cake after applying the frosting.
- 10Makes enough to frost a 2 layer cake, about 2-1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 22.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g