1/2 Photos of Dark Chocolate Fridge Squares
A very simple recipe that's easily adapted to whatever you have in the cupboard. I am driven crazy on a regular basis, being pestered to make these...so be warned!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 ounces butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 6 ounces biscuits (I use rich tea or digestive)
- 1 ounce toasted rice cereal
- 1 3/4 ounces chopped walnuts or 1 3/4 ounces pecans
- 3 1/2 ounces chopped glace cherries
- 1 ounce white chocolate (optional)
- 1Melt the dark chocolate, butter, syrup and rum in a large saucepan.
- 2Break up the biscuit and mix it into the chocolate mixture along with the rice cereal, nuts and cherries.
- 3Line a 7" square tin with parchment paper. Push the mixture into the tin and then chill for 2 hours.
- 4When set, drizzle with melted white chocolate--optional.
- 5Cut into squares and watch them disappear before your very eyes!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Fridge Squares
Serving Size: 1 (930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g