Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister made this during my visit. I'm not a chocolate lover but this was delicious! We ate it with sliced apples, bananas, strawberries, crisp cookies, pretzels, and cubed poundcake! My times are probably off as I've never prepared this myself ... just enjoyed my sister's efforts :)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and butter.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add morsels. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly. Then transfer to a fondue pot or ceramic bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat in microwave, 30 seconds, stir -- another 30 seconds, stir -- repeat until heated. Do not microwave for a longer time; you may burn the fondue.
This was really yummy and super easy to make. We ended up adding a bit more cream at the end to thin it out a bit and it turned out fine. Everyone loved the taste of it. We paired it with rice krispie treats, pound cake, strawberries, cheese cake, pretzels, and pineapple. So good!
EASY and decadent! I whipped up a batch of this easily for a baby shower. Everyone loved it and kept going back for more. Thick, creamy, but didn't get too hard as it cooled off. I really appreciated that I didn't have to measure/weigh out the chocolate chips, just a bag each. (Of course, I noticed recently that many companies are going to 11.5 oz bags. GRRRRR) Thank you so much for this recipe!
I made this for our holiday party. It was exactly what I wanted - just so decadent and rich! I served it with mandarin orange slices, pineapple chunks, cherries, strawberries, pretzel sticks, marshmallows, and angel food cake pieces to dip. Wonderful recipe, thanks!