Recipe by dale!
Who doesn't love a chocolate cupcake? These ones are extra special as they have a wicked chocolate-hazelnut glaze!
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
These were OK, but maybe they'll taste better after I glaze them. They didn't rise very high (maybe my flour is too old?) and they seem dry. I think 10 cupcakes would have been better than the 12. Sorry.
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 118.29 ml caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml self raising flour
- 400 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 118.29 ml thickened cream
- 14.79 ml hazelnut-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Place chocolate, milk and sifted cocoa powder in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a small bowl, with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and the sifted flour.
- Spoon mix evenly into muffin tray.
- Bake at 160 degree C for about 25 minutes, or until cooked.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan.
- To make the glaze, place chocolate, cream and liqueur in a small heatproof bowl over simmering water and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Cool the glaze a little then spoon over the tops of the cooled cakes.
- Decorate cakes with fresh raspberries or any fruit of your choice and perhaps some whipped cream!