Who doesn't love a chocolate cupcake? These ones are extra special as they have a wicked chocolate-hazelnut glaze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- 2Place chocolate, milk and sifted cocoa powder in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- 3Remove from the heat and cool.
- 4Beat the butter and sugar in a small bowl, with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- 6Stir in the chocolate mixture and the sifted flour.
- 7Spoon mix evenly into muffin tray.
- 8Bake at 160 degree C for about 25 minutes, or until cooked.
- 9Cool cupcakes in the pan.
- 10To make the glaze, place chocolate, cream and liqueur in a small heatproof bowl over simmering water and stir until chocolate has melted.
- 11Cool the glaze a little then spoon over the tops of the cooled cakes.
- 12Decorate cakes with fresh raspberries or any fruit of your choice and perhaps some whipped cream!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.6
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: