Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Ghirardelli.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 5⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup coffee or 1⁄3 cup espresso, strong brewed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray. To make the cupcakes, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk in the milk, coffee, and melted butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients. Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake molds, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Using a small spatula or knife, remove the cupcakes from the pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
Fabulous cupcakes!! I am rating this on the cake part only, as the frosting didn't work out well for me, it was more of a glaze, very runny, until I added approximately 1-2 cups of powered sugar (didn't measure). It made exactly 12 cupcakes and was very easy to make. I froze 1/3 of the recipe, as I am making desserts ahead of time for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.