1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Crumb Muffins #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. One baking day I ran out of muffin cup liners. WHAT to do? I used Reynolds Wrap cut into 6X6 squares to line the muffin cups. Here's a dark chocolate muffin made even better with cream cheese and a chocolate almond crumb topping. The foil liners make a beautiful presentation for this delicious decadent muffin. COOKS NOTES: Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds; remove and whisk smooth. Set aside to cool.
My Private Note
jumbo m ...
Units: US | Metric
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the dark chocolate and set aside to cool. Using Reynolds Wrap, cut SIX 6X6 squares. Using a 6- cup JUMBO muffin pan, push a foil square into each muffin cup. Use a large plastic cup to help mold the shape of the foil in the muffin cup. The 4 points of the square should be visible. Lightly coat the foil cups with cooking spray.
- 2MAKE THE BATTER: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3With an electric mixer on medium speed cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat just until smooth. Add the melted and cooled chocolate and beat just until smooth. On medium low speed, add the flour mixture slowly and beat until smooth. Scrape the sides a few times during this step. Add the batter evenly to each muffin cup and set aside while making the crumbs.
- 4MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, butter, brown sugar, almonds, cocoa and almond extract forming large crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of each muffin and gently push into the batter. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan and then remove to a platter to cool before icing.
- 5MAKE THE ICING: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract until smooth. If necessary whisk in more cream to make a pourable smooth consistency. Drizzle on top of each cooled muffin in a back and forth motion.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Crumb Muffins #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 189.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g