1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Cream Bars
Chef Dee's Note:
Another Pillsbury Bake-Off winner. I'll be making this for the first time for a Death by Chocolate night. It sounds easy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix (reserve 2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Set aside 2/3 cup cake mix.
- 3At low speed, beat the remaining cake mix, butter and 1 egg until crumbly.
- 4Press into the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 pan.
- 5Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, beat 2 eggs until frothy.
- 7Add 2/3 cup cake mix, powdered sugar, ice cream and vanilla, blend on low.
- 8Sprinkle chocolate chips over the baked base, pour filling over the chips.
- 9Bake another 30-40 min, top should spring back when lightly touched in center.
- 10Do not overbake.
- 11When cooled completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cream Bars
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 164.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: