Recipe by Chef Dee
Another Pillsbury Bake-Off winner. I'll be making this for the first time for a Death by Chocolate night. It sounds easy and delicious.
Top Review by The Sides Dish
They are a version of ultra glorified brownies. But, Man, are they good! My family and co workers loved them. Don't forget to press the nuts into the crust before baking for 10 minutes. I cover the pan when it was still slightly warm. This made the top moist. The recipe is right, DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- 1 (18 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix (reserve 2/3 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cake mix (previously reserved)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Set aside 2/3 cup cake mix.
- At low speed, beat the remaining cake mix, butter and 1 egg until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat 2 eggs until frothy.
- Add 2/3 cup cake mix, powdered sugar, ice cream and vanilla, blend on low.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the baked base, pour filling over the chips.
- Bake another 30-40 min, top should spring back when lightly touched in center.
- Do not overbake.
- When cooled completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and cut into bars.