Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Great American Chocolate Contest Cookbook, this recipe makes a great Christmas gift or party food, but is SO good you'll probably end up keeping it for yourself!
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the popped corn and nuts in a large roasting pan and mix together.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the chocolate. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture becomes very thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the chocolate syrup over the popcorn and nuts in the roasting pan and stir to coat evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Place the hot poppycock on a large cookie sheet, lined with foil and lightly coated with a nonstick cooking spray, to cool. Store poppycock in a plastic ziploc bag.