Recipe by BigHeart
From the Great American Chocolate Contest Cookbook, this recipe makes a great Christmas gift or party food, but is SO good you'll probably end up keeping it for yourself!
- 1892.72 ml popped popcorn
- 236.59 ml nuts, toasted (pecans,peanuts,cashews or almonds)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the popped corn and nuts in a large roasting pan and mix together.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the chocolate. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture becomes very thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the chocolate syrup over the popcorn and nuts in the roasting pan and stir to coat evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Place the hot poppycock on a large cookie sheet, lined with foil and lightly coated with a nonstick cooking spray, to cool. Store poppycock in a plastic ziploc bag.