1 hr 15 mins
From the Great American Chocolate Contest Cookbook, this recipe makes a great Christmas gift or party food, but is SO good you'll probably end up keeping it for yourself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Place the popped corn and nuts in a large roasting pan and mix together.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the chocolate. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture becomes very thick.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the chocolate syrup over the popcorn and nuts in the roasting pan and stir to coat evenly.
- 6Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Place the hot poppycock on a large cookie sheet, lined with foil and lightly coated with a nonstick cooking spray, to cool. Store poppycock in a plastic ziploc bag.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Covered Popcorn Snack
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.4
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 598.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 63.6 g
- Protein 13.5 g