1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
An original recipe, created by my husband, Daniel. This intensely rich and decadent dark chocolate cheesecake is pebbled with tart, dried Bing cherries. I doubt you've ever tasted anything quite like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 283.49 g bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cocoa (or more)
- 907.18 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract or 4.92 ml vanilla bean paste
- 236.59 ml tart dried cherries
- 1For Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- 3Pour graham cracker crumbs into bottom of pan. Drizzle with melted butter and press to form a thin crust.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 6For Filling: Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat, and bring to room temperature. Consistency should be pourable.
- 7Meanwhile, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- 8Add sugar, and blend at medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- 9Blend in eggs, one at a time. Beat until fluffy.
- 10Add vanilla extract, and whip to combine.
- 11Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently as you are adding ingredients, to ensure that everything is well incorporated.
- 12Gently stir in the melted chocolate, just until combined.
- 13Carefully stir in the dried cherries.
- 14Pour filling into room temperature crust.
- 15Wrap bottom of springform pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, and place in a large roasting pan. Set on center oven rack. Carefully fill roasting pan with boiling water, about 1 inch up the side of the springform pan.
- 16Bake 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees, or until center is just set.
- 17Remove from oven, and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- 18Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake. Do not remove the springform pan.
- 19Cover, and chill overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.1
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 192.6 mg
- Sodium 388.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham cracker crumbs