Recipe by Daniel'sWife
An original recipe, created by my husband, Daniel. This intensely rich and decadent dark chocolate cheesecake is pebbled with tart, dried Bing cherries. I doubt you've ever tasted anything quite like it!
Top Review by knittingchocolatier
I made this for my husband's birthday and he says it is 4.5 stars. We used unsweetened dried cherries and they tasted great with the dark chocolate. The recipe was really easy but makes a great special occasion dessert! The only thing I might say is to cut back the amount of cherries if you want to taste more of the chocolate cheesecake-pretty much every bite had a cherry in it and it was hard for me to taste just the cheesecake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cocoa (or more)
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup tart dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into bottom of pan. Drizzle with melted butter and press to form a thin crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- For Filling: Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat, and bring to room temperature. Consistency should be pourable.
- Meanwhile, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, and blend at medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time. Beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, and whip to combine.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently as you are adding ingredients, to ensure that everything is well incorporated.
- Gently stir in the melted chocolate, just until combined.
- Carefully stir in the dried cherries.
- Pour filling into room temperature crust.
- Wrap bottom of springform pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, and place in a large roasting pan. Set on center oven rack. Carefully fill roasting pan with boiling water, about 1 inch up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees, or until center is just set.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake. Do not remove the springform pan.
- Cover, and chill overnight.