Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups good quality dark semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chunks with the butter (can easily do this in the microwave). Let cool slightly.
- Mix chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium until combined. Reduce mixer to low and gradually stir in flour mixture till just combined. Fold in remaining chocolate chunks.
- Drop large balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing 2 inches a part. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, about 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.