Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe:)
Top Review by Annacia
I made this for Comfort Cafe, Jan '10. While I love the taste (I used extra dark Belgian chocolate) I found appearance to be less than appealing. I followed the directions but the chocolate would never actually mix with the milk (I used fat free). It remained is teeny globs that floated or sunk depending on their size. Sadly it's not a cup that I would serve to guests even though it tastes lovely.
- 4 cups milk (Use low-fat or Virtually fat-free milk, if you want)
- 4 teaspoons nescafe red mug instant coffee (or your favourite brand of Instant coffee)
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 -5 drops hazelnut syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour half a cup of milk into a microwave proof container.
- Place it in the microwave on HIGH power level for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave.
- Now, melt the chocolate in the microwave on HIGH power level for 30 seconds.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Prepare a mixture of coffee powder, melted chocolate, sugar and a little milk.
- Whisk well to ensure that there are no lumps.
- It should be frothy as well.
- Add a drop of hazelnut syrup.
- Grab a serving glass.
- Put 1 tbsp.
- of the coffee mixture in it and pour half a cup of hot milk over it.
- Mix well.
- Prepare foam in the hot cup of cold milk with a foamer and pour into the glass.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder over it and serve rightaway.
- Similarly, prepare more glasses of delicious chocolate coffee with the remaining milk and coffee mixture.