Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this wonderful recipe from neverbashfulwithbutter.blogspot.com
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter
- 56.69 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 118.29 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard-sized muffin pan with baking-cup liners.
- Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water; heat mixture until butter and chocolate are melted and whisk until smooth and combined. Set aside to cool until just warm to the touch.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder in small bowl to combine.
- Whisk eggs in second medium bowl to combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt and whisk until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift about one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined; whisk in sour cream until combined, then sift remaining flour mixture over and whisk until batter is thick.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Bake until skewer inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, mix together a half teaspoon of cinnamon with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar. Sift a light coating of the mixture on top of the cupcakes. No frosting necessary.
This recipe was OK - I did 2 tablespoons of cinnamon instead of 4. Also, don't leave the cupcakes in the oven for longer than 15 minutes - they will burn!! They will rise a lot too. Overall, the taste was ok. Not amazing, but ok.
Love this recipe - I adapted to gluten free and aside from a little cracking which should be fixed by tweaking the oven temp, they are the lightest and most moist GF cupcakes I have made. The batter is unusual in that it is like a heavy mousse but it cooks beautifully and the flavour is divine. (Oh I used vanilla paste which I think gave them a little bit of extra somethin somethin). Once filled and iced no one would know these are gluten free which is the ultimate in GF baking.