Thse are decadent pieces of heaven! "Michael Recchiuti, a San Francisco chocolate visionary, prefers to make these moist brownies with a distinct chocolate, such as a 64% dark chocolate blend. Serve with lightly sweetend softly whipped cream, chopped mint and fresh raspberries; or crown pieces with vanilla or coffee ice cream and drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce." I didn't allow for cooling time of about an hour. Sunset Magazine, 01/2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chocolate into about 1/2-inch chunks; about 2 cups.
- 2In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine half the chocolate and the butter.
- 3Heat in a microwave oven on half-power (50%) just until chocolate is soft and butter is melted, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- 4Stir until mixture is smooth.
- 5Let stand until just warm to touch.
- 6In a bowl, with a wooden spoon, beat eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla until smooth.
- 7Add chocolate mixture and stir until well blended.
- 8Add flour, about a third at a time, stirring after each addition just until blended.
- 9Add remaining chopped chocolate and mix just until chunks are evenly distributed.
- 10Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking parchment, draping over rim a little.
- 11Scrape batter into pan; spread level.
- 12Bake in a 325°F oven just until the surface develops a thin crust (like the delicate layer of ice that forms on freezing water) and a fingertip pressed very gently in the center leaves a soft impression, 20 to 25 minutes; take care not to overbake.
- 13Cool completely in pan on a rack, at least 1 hour.
- 14Lift brownie out on parchment, peel off parchment, and set brownie on a board.
- 15Cut into 8 squares or wedges or 16 triangles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate-Chunk Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g