Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A spicy chocolate covered spoon for coffee.
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- cinnamon stick
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- Combine all ingredients (except cream) in a glass or metal bowl.
- Bring cream to scalding point in a saucepan, and proceed to pour over chocolate mixture.
- Let sit for 30 seconds.
- Stir well with spatula or whisk until all chocolate is melted, and all ingredients are combined.
- Let cool for 4 hours in refrigerator and DO NOT cover bowl.
- At the end of a cinnamon stick, shape truffle mixture into a spoon.
- Let spoons cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Over a double boiler melt 1 cup of dark chocolate and dip spoons into it.
- Refrigerate dipped spoons until set – about 20 minutes.
- Brush entire spoon with edible gold dust.