1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Paris D's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups cherries (preferably fresh sweet cherries)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- whole sweet cherries, for garnish (with stems)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- 2In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and all the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder and espresso powder until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla bean paste and 1/2 teaspoon salt; whisk until combined, then pour in the warm chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. Gradually add the flour, stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon just until combined. Fold in the 2 cups pitted cherries.
- 4Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a crust forms on top a toothpick comes out almost clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Once cooled, lift the brownies by the foil out of the pan, and transfer to a cutting board.
- 5To make the ganache, place the remaining 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate in a bowl. Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan; over medium low heat bring the cream to a gentle simmer just until it starts to bubble. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes, then stir with a spatula until smooth. Pour over the cooled brownies and smooth out the top.
- 6Before the ganache sets, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt over the ganache, then garnish with whole cherries. Let sit for 15-20 minutes until the ganache is set (you can refrigerate them to speed up the process), then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies With Ganache and Sea Salt
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste