1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Cake with Double Fudge Icing
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
This is a foolproof moist chocolate cake. Remember mayonnaise is just eggs and oil. Great recipe from Sally Pasley's Tao of Cooking cookbook.
My Private Note
layer c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1Cake: Mix mayonnaise, water, sugar and vanilla together until well blended.
- 2Sift cocoa, flour salt and baking soda together.
- 3Stir into liquid ingredients and mix just until blended.
- 4Pour batter into 2 greased and floured sandwich cake tins[8-9 inch size].
- 5Bake in a preheated 375 deg F oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 6Cool and then ice.
- 7Icing: Bring sugar and cream to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Stir occasinaly to stop cream from boiling over.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Finely chop or grate the chocolate.
- 12Sir into the cream until completely melted.
- 13Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 14Once butter is melted, refrigerate icing until cold.
- 15Once cold beat the icing with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until thick and of a good spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cake with Double Fudge Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6165.7
- Calories from Fat 3087
- Total Fat 343.1 g
- Saturated Fat 175.4 g
- Cholesterol 631.1 mg
- Sodium 3871.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 795.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.9 g
- Sugars 468.8 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: