1/4 Photos of Dark Chocolate Cake With a Raspberry Filling
1 hr 15 mins
This is a fudgey, brownie-like cake with a chocolate cream cheese frosting and a sweet raspberry filling. It is decadence at its best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag hershey's special dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Batter: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 2 9-inch cake pans, set side.
- 3In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate, and the tablespoon of butter in the microwave on medium (50%) heat.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, stir together the stick of butter, the sugar, and the vanilla.
- 5Stir in the eggs, 1 at a time until they are all incorporated.
- 6Stir in the chocolate.
- 7Stir in the salt and oil.
- 8Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the flour then the 1/2 cup of milk.
- 9Stir in the last 1 1/4 cup on flour and the baking powder.
- 10Pour the batter evenly between the 2 cake pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Filling: In a small sauce pan, combined all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; set aside to cool.
- 12Frosting: In a medium bowl, add all of the ingredients and beat with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy; set aside.
- 13Cake: When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 14Loosen the edges with a knife, and turn them out onto a cooling rack(s) to cool completely.
- 15When the cakes are cool, pour the raspberry filling onto one of the cakes and then top with the other cake.
- 16Let cake cool for a while, then spread the frosting on the top and sides.
- 17To garnish you can place raspberries on the top and around then cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cake With a Raspberry Filling
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.3
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 516.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 99.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g