Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Fluffy, rich dark chocolate cookies-
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 -12 ounces chocolate chips, rice krispies, coconut flakes, etc
- Mix cake flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking cocoa and granulated sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar together on high for about one minute. Reduce speed to low, add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla.
- With mixer on low, add dry ingredients slowly until fully incorporated. Add melted chocolate, stir together until fully incorporated. Stir in chips (if desired) Taste batter, add ingredients if you feel it's necessary (just be careful with adding more flour, as they can get dry).
- Place dough by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet (must be smaller or they will flatten out and get crispy), bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. *Try doing a test cookie to make sure it turns out the way you prefer*.