- 1 3⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl; add sugar.
- Add melted butter gradually, mix well.
- Add milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add lightly-beaten eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Put mixture into greased and greased-paper lined deep 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven 65 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Top with Chocolate Icing when cold.
- Chocolate Icing: Sift together icing sugar and cocoa; mix in melted butter and water; beat until smooth.