Recipe by Shaindelk
A really easy to make recipe. It is a very moist, rich dark chocolate cake! The coffee give it a really great taste.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
A delicious, dense, dark chocolate cake as advertised. The coffee flavor is obvious in the batter but only a background enhancement to the deep chocolate in the finished cake. We frosted it with Recipe#44126 by Sue L. Made for PAC April 2008.
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups strong hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Mix, on medium, the first 3 ingredients, very well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on high.
- Pour into 10x14 pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Check with a toothpick before removing from oven.