Recipe by invictus
This recipe comes together pretty quickly. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool! I have used walnuts before so use whatever nut you like. This freezes well, though the chocolate may be discolored after coming to room temperature.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, special dark
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan with foil, then spray with non-stick pan coat.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup. Heat over medium heat to melt butter and combine ingredients. Increase heat to medium high and cook for ten minutes. Do not stir.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of the nuts.
- Quickly pour toffee into prepared pan and spread to edges. Let stand in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt half of the chocolate in the microwave for one minute. Stir until smooth. Spread over toffee and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Once firm, flip entire bar onto a sheet of waxed paper; remove foil.
- Melt remaining chocolate in microwave on high for one minute. Stir until smooth. Spread over top of toffee bar and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts.
- Once chocolate is firm, break bar into bite-sized pieces and store at room temperature for up to one month.