Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just one word... DIVINE
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 400 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 loaf brioche bread, loaf crust removed and cubed (sweet bread)
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Pour cream in heavy based pan, bring to simmer 2-3 minutes stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in bowl and whisk until thick and creamy. Gradually whisk in hot cream. Add 1/2 the chocolate, stir until smooth and melted.
- Add sweet bread, mix to coat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Fold in remaining dark chocolate
- Lightly brush 6 Cup capacity oven dish with melted butter.
- Pour mix into oven dish. place in larger dish and fill with water to 3cm deep.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10min.
- Dust with Cocoa powder. Serve with Ice Cream or whipping cream if desired.