Recipe by Sherrie-pie
I made this just before Christmas. They're easy to make, rich and delicious. Very sophisticated. From Leith's Recipe of the Day in the Daily Mail.
- 110 g soft butter
- 85 g soft dark brown sugar
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 170 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 55 g chocolate chips
- 55 g dried sour cherries, chopped
- 55 g pecan nuts, chopped
- caster sugar, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter with the sugars and then beat in the egg gradually.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Stir into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, sour cherries and pecan nuts.
- Form into a 4cm diameter log and wrap in clingfilm Chill until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Slice the dough into 2/3 cm rounds and spinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until just firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.