Yummy Dark Choc & Rum truffles great for parties and at Christmas time for gifts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remember: when melting the chocolate DO NOT let your bowl touch the water.
- 2Place the chopped chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Stir in rum. Place in the fridge until the mixture is firm enough to roll into balls.
- 3Line a trays with baking paper. Roll chocolate mixture into a ball ( you can vary the size but 2 teaspoons might be a good start size). Place on trays. Repeat until mixture is gone then place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- 4When firm place the dark chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water . Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- 5Divide the truffles into 2 batches this is so they will keep firm while working them. Remove 1 batch from the fridge. Use a fork to dip truffles 1 at a time, in the melted chocolate to coat. Gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Carefully place on the prepared tray. Repeat until all have been dipped with the remaining truffles and melted chocolate. Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
- 6Place the white chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts and is smooth. Use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over the truffles. Place in fridge to set for 5 minutes then you can store in a container in the fridge or serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate and Rum Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (1030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g