Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Life's Ambrosia.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dark cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon iodized salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetables or 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, sugar and oil.
- Slowly whisk dry ingredients into into sugar mixture. Fold in pureed pumpkin.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in cupcake tin for 5 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake tin and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting:.
- Beat together powdered sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in vanilla and milk. Beat together until stiff and spreadable.
- Separate into different bowls and add a few drops of different colored food coloring.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes or use a piping bag.