Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious mousse, and everyone will enjoy it, I'm sure -
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup 35% cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 12 bakery style cookies or 12 homemade cookies
- In a heatproof bowl, set over a saucepan of hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate and 1/4 cup of the whipping cream; stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a chilled bowl, combine remaining whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and orange zest. Whip until soft peaks form. Fold one-quarter in to chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until blended. Chill until set, for about 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Spoon one-sixth of the mousse onto 6 of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, pressing gently to form sandwiches.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.