1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Almond Cake with Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Fr
Harley Seashell Princess's Note:
A chocolate-y, decadent, rich cake with a silky, heavenly frosting all accented with a touch of almond. Eat it and weep! Adapted from a recipe by Anne Byrn out of her Cake Mix Doctor book. Soooo Gooood!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cake
- 1 package betty crocker dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Frosting
- 1Oven@ 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the cake ingredients and mix with a whisk.
- 3Pour into 2 round 8 or 9-inch cake pans which have been lined with greased aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- 4Bake for 28-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- 5Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning out.
- 6Meanwhile combine the frosting ingredients and beat until fluffy with a hand-mixer.
- 7When cake layers are completely cool, frost the top part of the bottom layer.
- 8Place second layer over the frosted layer.
- 9Finish by frosting top layer and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Almond Cake with Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Fr
Serving Size: 1 (1914 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6697.3
- Calories from Fat 3109
- Total Fat 345.5 g
- Saturated Fat 100.3 g
- Cholesterol 883.9 mg
- Sodium 6288.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 893.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.8 g
- Sugars 674.0 g
- Protein 76.3 g