Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been making this since I first got married! It is a wonderful jello salad that friends request often!
- 1 (3 ounce) packagedark cherry Jell-O (black cherry)
- 1 cup hot water
- 16 ounces cola
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into tiny cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can dark sweet cherries, drained and halved
- Dissolve jello in hot water.
- Add cola and refrigerate til gelatin is slightly thickened.
- Stir in cherries, nuts and cream cheese.
- Pour into jello mold and chill til completely set.
I had made a similar recipe before with only the black cherry Jell-O and the can of dark sweet cherries; we enjoyed it the old way, too. This is even nicer! Did not change a thing except to use sugar-free Jell-O and diet cola, being diabetic. Thank you!
I've been enjoying this kind of jello salad for many, many years, but always from someone else's kitchen, so making this was a treat for me! Followed your directions right down the line, & everything came together so well! Great tasting jello! [Made & reviewed as a tagged bonus in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]