1/5 Photos of Dark Beer-Marinated BBQ Chicken (Biermarinierten Huhn)
This German BBQ Chicken recipe is excellent with German sauerkraut and a side of mustard. The chicken can be cooked on a gas or charcoal grill. Chicken needs to marinate for 2 to 12 hours. BEER: Friedrich Dull Krautheimer Urtyp Dunkel and Kaltenberg Prinz Luit Weis Dunkel are great dark lagers. If you enjoy dark wheat beer, try it with Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel for a great pairing. Recipe adapted from a Taste of Germany.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together peanut oil and mustard in a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag. Add beer and lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, basil and thyme. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 12 hours.
- 2Heat about 5 dozen charcoal briquettes until covered with white ash or preheat gas grill. Spray grill grate with non-stick spray.
- 3Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- 4If using a charcoal grill, push hot briquettes to one side of the grill and place chicken on grill rack, on the coals side.
- 5Cook uncovered until skin is crisp, about 10 minutes, moving and turning as needed with clean tongs to prevent charring.
- 6Move chicken parts to the cool side of the grill and cover. Cook until meat is opaque throughout and juices run clear, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Beer-Marinated BBQ Chicken (Biermarinierten Huhn)
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1111.6
- Calories from Fat 672
- Total Fat 74.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 308.3 mg
- Sodium 1162.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 96.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: