Recipe by KitchenQuartz
I was fiddling in the kitchen, trying to come up with something like that chocolate drink that Starbucks discontinued a couple years ago and came up with this.....whoo dang, good! But, if you don't like dark, use a milk chocolate instead, and add more sugar to counter the cocoa.This drink is best served in about 1/3-1/2 cup quantities, and sipped little bits in between nibbles of fruit or pound cake.
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (I used 53% cacao dark chocolate from the baking section)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup superfine sugar (You can use regular granulated, but superfine is amazing in the way that is dissolves and makes for )
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chocolate into fine pieces, set aside.
- In pan mix cream, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. and heat over med until just steaming, don't boil. Stir regularly.
- Add chopped chocolate pieces and stir until smooth. At first the mixture will look speckled, keep stirring until chocolate specks smooth out and color is even.
- If drink is too thick add milk until prefered texture is achieved.
- Garnish with cinnamon, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, etc as the mood takes you.