Recipe by ElaineAnn
What can I say? These are extravagant!
Top Review by Auntie Mags
I am not a dessert person usually but these are absolutely fantastic! What a great combination of sweet and savory. I made my own gingersnaps to go with these and they turned out great! I can't wait to make these again (maybe on a dark and stormy night after the kids are in bed)...
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 12 gingersnaps, crushed
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple tidbits
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium-high flame.
- Add the bananas and cook, stirring, 3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Sprinkle the bananas with brown sugar and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add the rum.
- Return the skillet to the heat. Standing back, carefully ignite the rum with a long wooden match. When the flame burns out, add the lime juice.
- Divide the bananas and sauce between four large martini glasses or dessert bowls.
- Top each serving with the ice cream, crushed cookies, whipped cream, coconut, and pineapple.