Recipe by PrimQuilter
I was asked to make a brownie crunch recipe made by the Neelys for a cookout. I didn't have all the ingredients, so this is what I came up with instead and they were gone in no time! Variations galore on the center fillings. You can use 5 regular sized Hershey bars, or use 3 of the bigger bars that are approx. 5.3oz. I used 3 Lindt intense dark bars.
- 2 (20 ounce) boxesof pre-packaged brownie mix
- 6 eggs (to prepare brownie mix, or as specified on the brownie mix directions)
- 1 cup oil (to prepare brownie mix, or as specified on the brownie mix directions)
- 1⁄2 cup water (to prepare brownie mix, or as specified on the brownie mix directions)
- 5 (3 1/2 ounce) chocolate candy bars
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Each brownie mix will be made separately, so set 1 aside for now.
- For bottom layer, follow directions on box for making cake like brownies. Mine called for 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil and 1/4 cup water.
- Spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place all the nuts, broken up chocolate bars and marshmallows on top of this layer.
- Make the other brownie mix the same as the first and spread over the top. This gets a bit trickey to do over the marshmallows, so I just spooned it on and spread it out the best I could.
- Bake at 350 for 35-50 minutes.
- Mine took quite awhile, so start checking the center at the 35 minute mark. When checking, remember there are melted chocolate bars in there, so don't mistake this for it not being baked all the way through.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or keep them plain.