Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chili with a twist. Nothing to warm you up better than a bowl of this tasty chili on a cool Fall evening.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups white beans, cooked and drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute over medium heat until softened and lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, cumin, and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, wine, and bay leaf.
- Add shredded chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered over medium-high heat until somewhat reduced, 5 to 8 minutes.
- NOTE: You can set aside some of the grated cheese to garnish the top just before serving along with a sprig of parsley for color.
Update: I have been making this recipe for a couple of years now, and I absolutely love it. It is healthy, delicious and super easy to make. This time I thought I would try it with turkey since we have a ton leftover from Thanksgiving. It was wonderful! I am so sick of turkey salad. This is a great alternative. Thank you so much for the recipe, Dari.