Dari Donovan's Note:
Chili with a twist. Nothing to warm you up better than a bowl of this tasty chili on a cool Fall evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups white beans, cooked and drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan.
- 2Add the onion and saute over medium heat until softened and lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, oregano, cumin, and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Add the chicken broth, wine, and bay leaf.
- 5Add shredded chicken and remaining ingredients.
- 6Cook uncovered over medium-high heat until somewhat reduced, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 7NOTE: You can set aside some of the grated cheese to garnish the top just before serving along with a sprig of parsley for color.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dari's White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 723.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 40.2 g