Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This glaze is perfect for my recipe for Dari's Heavenly Prune Cake. Simple and delicious. Enjoy!
Make and share this Dari's Heavenly Prune Cake Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over low heat being careful not to scorch.
- Add sugar and baking soda, stir in until blended.
- Slowly add the buttermilk.
- Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cake while warm and while cake is still in pan.
Delicious! I used this on a red velvet cake, and it was perfect, however I can see it being used on almost any cake. It would be great to dip cookies in or any baked good. It was a little more liquid than I had thought it would be, so we ended up putting only some over the whole cake, and then adding more to individual slices. Very, very tasty, my whole family loved it!