Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe given to me by Darice--delicious. Easily warmed up in the microwave. One reason I take this to family gatherings easy breakfast that anyone can heat up when ready. Please fix Darice's Salsa to go with--it really hits the spot.
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 lbs whole green chilies (ortega)
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Grate cheese.
- Deseed chilies.
- Layer chilies and cheese in a greased 11x9-inch casserole dish, beginning with chilies and ending with cheese. You must have two layers of chilies and two of cheese, cheese being the last layer. I use the aluminum foil pans you get in the store that come with a plastic cover when taking to pot lucks or family gatherings, easy clean up.
- In separate bowl beat eggs, add flour, beat until smooth.
- Pour over cheese/chilie mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Pour tomato sauce and chilie salsa over top and bake 15-20 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minute before serving.
I used Ortega Whole Chili's from a can instead of fresh ones & the recipe came out great. It was very easy to make & everyone loved it.
Easy and delicious! Eating low-carb and this was a winner.
Tasty and easy easy easy! I made it with the sauce on top and loved it.