Recipe by Cindy Lynn
This is a recipe my husband taught me when we were first married. I thought he was absolutely nuts...until I tried that first bite. It is in response to a request on the boards. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :-))
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
Not being a fan of green peppers my self, I was a little worried, but WOW! This was amazing and had good taste to it! My husband even enjoyed it. so I know it wasnt just me being super hungry! ;) I did use white bread instead of the wheat, but it was simply good eating! Thanks!
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1⁄4 vidalia onions or 1⁄4 other mild onion, sliced,then rings seperated
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare green peppers and onions.
- Toast whole wheat bread; butter while hot.
- Arrange layer of green pepper slices on first slice of buttered toast (buttered side towards veggies).
- Arrange onion rings on top of green peppers.
- Salt to taste.
- Place second slice of whole wheat toast (again buttered side towards veggies) on top of layers.
- Serve immediately.