Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe my husband taught me when we were first married. I thought he was absolutely nuts...until I tried that first bite. It is in response to a request on the boards. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :-))
- Prepare green peppers and onions.
- Toast whole wheat bread; butter while hot.
- Arrange layer of green pepper slices on first slice of buttered toast (buttered side towards veggies).
- Arrange onion rings on top of green peppers.
- Salt to taste.
- Place second slice of whole wheat toast (again buttered side towards veggies) on top of layers.
- Serve immediately.