Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe came from my mother in law. She submitted it to a cook book that was published in the mid to late 70s to benefit the cause of a young girl who had been badly injured. I love these old family recipes - and the history as Mom carefully explains each one to me.
- 354.88 ml coarse stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 78.07 ml white flour
- 78.07 ml wheat flour
- 78.07 ml rye flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml sugar or 44.37 ml honey
- 2 eggs
- 118.32 ml shortening, melted and cooled
- 88.74 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 354.88 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Lightly beat eggs then combine rest of wet ingredients.
- Gently blend wet into dry ingredients for 1 minute until smooth.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Pour into lightly oiled 8" x 12" metal pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.