1 hr 30 mins
A beautiful German cake posted in response to a recipe request. Originally posted to CDKitchen by Anita Gamache.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1Cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 12 x 8 pan.
- 3Beat the butter, eggs and sugar together until sugar is dissolved.Add the flour.
- 4Spread half of the batter into the pan.
- 5Add cocoa and milk to remaining batter, mix well and spread over the top.
- 6Bake for 30-40 minutes until done.
- 7Let cool for approximately one hour.
- 8For Filling: Drain the cherries, saving 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- 9Heat the juice, sugar and cornstarch slowly, stirring constantly.
- 10Add the cherries.
- 11When the mix has thickened, set aside to cool.
- 12For Cream: Cook the pudding according to the package directions with the milk and sugar Let cool to room temperature.
- 13Beat the butter until creamy and add the pudding spoon by spoon while beating Let rest a few minutes.
- 14Assembly: Spread the cherry mix on top of the cake and cover with the cream.
- 15Drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danube Waves Cake (Donauwellen Kuchen)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.5
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 130.6 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g