Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious dish of Rice with Shrimp, Peas and Bacon. Can be served as a side dish or main course if you increase amounts. Fast and simple and sure to please. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups peas
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 lb shelled cooked shrimp
- Cook peas until almost done, drain into a colander, and rinse under a light spray of lukewarm water. Allow to Drain.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Cut the 2 slices of bacon into cubes and place in the pan.
- Cut the 2 scallions into thin rounds and add into pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook rice.
- Fold sugar into cooked rice, add the peas and 1/2 pound of shelled cooked shrimp, bacon and scallions, fluff with a fork, and serve immediately.
This is a great simple recipe for those days when you want something quick and good. I used orzo in place of the rice and scaled the recipe down for one serving. Thanks. Made for ZWT7~ Dinner & A Movie ~Part Two.
I scaled this down to 2 servings and used leftover rice. I also added minced garlic. This was easy to make and went well with my dinner of lentil tacos and refried beans. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWt 8.
This is one of those recipes that ends up being more than the sum of it's parts. I used a little extra bacon because I have some that needs using and added some minced garlic with the bacon. It didn't need salt added and was just delicious. It's a keeper and will be added to my Favorites of 2012 cookbook. :D