Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My step-dad's recipe for tacos; we ate this often in our house growing up. Good in corn or flour tortillas, or one of my faves, a salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (I prefer Heinz)
- 1⁄2 a can refried beans (15 ounce, we used the other half for a side dish, just heat & add some cheddar on top!)
- 1 small onions, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Brown & drain beef.
- Add ketchup, beans, onion, spices & simmer 5-10 minutes until heated.
This is a real good recipe for tacos, many times I have taco meat left over, but I don't expect that will be the case with this recipe, unless I double it so everyone can have all they would want. GIVE IT A TRY, IT'S DELICIOUS!!!!
I really, really liked this. It had a very deep flavor, and made an excellent taco filling. I will use this one alot.